Blogs > Lighten Up With Neal

Neal Nelson, a 59-year-old resident of Mentor, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tired = Hungry

This last 6 weeks I have struggled to get 5 hours of sleep. Almost all nights have been around 4.5 hours. I believe this will end by the end of this week. What I have noticed is that I have tended to be hungrier on those days with low sleep than on those with seven hours of sleep. This is especially true as it gets later at night or after three or four consecutive days. I am speculating that my body is looking for the extra energy to stay awake and or extra activity to stay awake. Either way it is tough to focus on weight loss during this time.

I have refocused somewhat and I have dropped another pound. Good news in tough times for me. Lighten has been the encouragement / accountability I needed to push through this.

Sent from Neal's iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home